Villa Maria is a listed 19th century neo-classical mansion. Built by a local factory owner in 1873 at the height of Ermoupolis’ prosperity, it is a fine example of the architecture of the period. In restoring it we have preserved all the original features —wooden floors and ceilings, marble bathrooms, decorative mouldings— and used antique furniture to give it a comfortable but authentic feel.
The second floor balconies and the roof terrace have panoramic views over the town, the port and across to the neighbouring islands. Behind the villa is a courtyard with plants, built-in seating and a shaded dining area.
The villa is on a pedestrian street right in the middle of town, yet a haven of peace and quiet. It is 2 minutes walk from the main square and market, and 5 minutes walk from the Vaporia. This is the town’s ‘Little Venice’, a lido with cafes and crystal-clear water for swimming.